In today’s digital age, the security and tracking of documents are paramount for businesses of all sizes. This independent, unbiased review provides a comprehensive look at Orangedox, a tool designed to offer both of these capabilities seamlessly. We’ll delve into what Orangedox is, its functionalities, and its suitability for different users, along with its pros, cons, pricing, integrations, and user feedback.
What is Orangedox?
Orangedox is a SaaS platform that specializes in document protection and data rooms. It allows users to control how their documents are shared and tracked, ensuring that sensitive information remains secure. The main features of Orangedox include:
- Secure Document Sharing: Control access to your documents, even after they’ve been sent.
- Virtual Data Rooms: Create secure data rooms with full control over document sharing and tracking.
- Google Workspace Integration: One-click integration with Google Workspace for seamless synchronization with Google Drive.
- Document Tracking: Detailed tracking of document previews and downloads, including page view times.
Who is Orangedox designed for?
Orangedox is tailored for professionals, businesses, and teams who need to secure and track their shared documents. It is particularly beneficial for:
- Finance & Venture Capital firms
- Marketing & Sales departments
- Educational & Training organizations
- Content Creators
What can you do with Orangedox?
- Securely share documents with up to 500 recipients at a time.
- Create and manage virtual data rooms for document sharing.
- Integrate seamlessly with Google Workspace.
- Track detailed document interactions, including page views.
What can’t you do with Orangedox?
- Edit documents within Orangedox; it’s designed for one-way sharing.
- Directly access Orangedox through desktop applications; it requires a web browser.
- Track files shared outside of the Orangedox app.
Pros of Orangedox
- Offers a 14-day free trial without the need for a credit card upfront.
- Provides unlimited storage as it syncs with Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Allows updating of files after sharing, with automatic synchronization.
- Supports tracking of shared Dropbox or Google Drive folders, including subfolders.
Cons of Orangedox
- Does not support editing by recipients, as it is intended for viewing only.
- Cannot retroactively track files previously shared via Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Limited to web browser access, with no direct desktop application integration.
Integrations available with Orangedox
Orangedox offers integrations with:
- Google Workspace
Pricing details for Orangedox
Orangedox provides various pricing plans tailored to different user needs:
- Pro Plan: $15/month per admin, billed yearly. Ideal for professionals for secure document sharing and tracking.
- Business Plan: $45/month per admin, billed yearly. Includes virtual data rooms and custom branding.
- Teams Plan: $120/month per team, billed yearly. Offers team management features and includes 3 admins.
There is also a free Personal Plan for content creators, which includes basic download and preview tracking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Storage Limits: Orangedox does not have its own storage; it uses Google Drive or Dropbox storage.
- User Licensing: Only admins who send files need an Orangedox license; recipients do not require a license.
- File Tracking: Orangedox can only track files shared using its app, not those shared directly via Google Drive or Dropbox.
User feedback on Orangedox
Orangedox Capterra Reviews
Orangedox G2 Reviews
“I like the ease of use and compatibility with Dropbox”
“It’s easy to set up and simple to learn. As I started, only basic functionality was available, since then useful features were added. So the software is under active development. The customer support is very Responsive and helpful. Compared to other vendors, the price is better.”
Worst Reviews of Orangedox
“I would like the ability to change the link description after it’s posted”
“The integration of new features could be faster. I once raised an RFE some time ago about a design issue that still is not fixed. I have to admit that the problem may be only affecting me. Besides, less information about the roadmap is being given. Lack of API functionality to integrate with Zapier.”
Orangedox stands out for its secure document sharing and comprehensive tracking features. It is a strong contender for businesses that require stringent control over their document distribution and insight into how their documents are being accessed. While it has some limitations, such as no direct desktop app support, its strengths in security and integration with Google Workspace and Dropbox make it a valuable tool for many users.