First of all, this is NOT a Google Ads optimization checklist to create a Google Ads Account.
This is NOT a checklist to create Google Ads campaigns or ad groups.
This is NOT an optimization checklist to create Ads.
This is NOT a responsive search ads checklist.
This is a checklist to optimize Google Ads campaigns; to know WHAT and WHEN to check things in your Google ads account.
It is for anyone that has a Google Ads Account running, and with a few fixes for any ppc campaigns.
What if I am a beginner?
You will use it for sure
What if I am a mega-pro?
You will check for yourself what and when I check things in my Google Ads accounts.
First of all, check the spreadsheet and make a copy for yourself. Your google adwords optimization checklist:
Go to File – make a copy.
Open the Google Ads Checklist and you will see 4 tabs:
- 1-3 Daily Tasks
- Weekly Tasks
- Monthly Tasks
- Quarter Tasks
The purpose of this Tab is to Audit your search terms.
- Look for extra negative keywords and relevant keywords as long-tail opportunities.
On a weekly basis, you will check the performance of your google ads account.
- Identify keywords that are not performing well.
- Review match types (broad match keywords, exact match, ..)
- Check Keyword status (limited,…) in your ad groups.
- Identify Ads with poor performance by conversion rate
- Identify Ads with poor performance by low-quality score
- Identify Ads with poor performance by low CTR
- Review Ad Strength: Add or update until we get a Good or Excellent score
- Check limited ads.
- Check disapproved ads.
- Review new potential new audiences to add
- Check how your daily budget is being spent.
- Review system-generated recommendations
On a monthly basis, you go deep into your performance
- Review match types(exact match, broad match keywords..) in your ad groups.
- Auction Insights Report (Ad group level)
- Complete Ad Copy Split Testing
- Landing Page Review
- Ad Extensions Check & Google Ads Account Recommendations
- Quality Score (keywords & ads)
- Google Analytics checks to review bounce rate and average session time
- Check all conversion actions are working
- Identity searches from non-targeted locations (and exclude locations) (Google Ads Campaign level)
- Payment & Account budgets (Google Ads Account level)
With enough data you can check this:
- Search for possible bid optimizations in your search ads to improve performance
- Hour of the day / Day of the week
- Demographics by: age, gender, income, location
- Review location performance and add bid optimizations (if required)
- Check your Google Ads Campaign Goal Settings
- I have 1 Google Ads Checklist per Google Ads Account.
- As default, when I start my Google Ads campaigns I check the first tab daily for the first week.
- After the first week, I check it for 2-3 days, it depends on how big is the Google Ads Account.
- When I check anything I mark it in the tab with the date
- I create a note for anything unusual or to keep track of
For any questions, just feel free to email me!
- Orangedox Review: An In-Depth Look at Document Protection & Data Rooms
- Writecream Review: What is it, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst User Reviews
- SalesFlow Review: What is it, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst User Reviews
- Wiza Review: What is, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst Users Reviews
- Dux-Soup Review: What is it, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst User Reviews