Do you ever get nervous when speaking in front of an audience? Do you find yourself fumbling with your teleprompter, trying to keep up with the scroll speed?
The right online teleprompter platform can make a big difference.
But with so many options out there, how do you choose the right one with the features you need?
PromptSmart is a new type of teleprompter that uses voice-tracking feature technology to only scroll when you talk.
This allows you to read your script at your own pace, without worrying about losing your place.
PromptSmart offers several display options, including standard, inverted, duplicate, and semi-transparent.
This makes it easy to view your script, no matter what type of situation you’re in. PromptSmart also offers a variety of pricing options, so you can find the perfect fit for your budget.
In this PromptSmart review, I’ll look at the features and benefits that make this platform stand out from the rest.
Let’s dive right into this review.
PromptSmart is a teleprompter platform that uses voice-tracking and voice recognition technology to scroll only when you talk.
You’ll be able to see the same thing when you’re speaking, so there aren’t any unnecessary delays between your lines.
When you use a teleprompter, it scrolls when you speak and displays afterwords. This is not the case with PromptSmart.
It only scrolls when you talk using its voice tracking and displays immediately afterward.
With PromptSmart, you may use patented speech and voice recognition and voice-recognition scrolling to record content in fewer takes.
When you pause and switch to Voice Track, the engine will immediately cease scrolling and await your commands.
You may even go off-script and resume where you left off because the engine will automatically stop scrolling when you do so.
You may also manually scroll your prompter using the web-based user-friendly remote control.
You may film in 4K resolution and produce video content that is always clear and high-quality, thanks to the internal recording.
Here are all the basic features to consider.
You can stop fiddling with scroll speeds and remotes thanks to voice-tracking technology! For physical teleprompter rigs, PromptSmart allows you to invert the text display and utilize duplicate displays for multiple cameras when recording videos.
When presenting at an online conference, you may place your script below a webcam using a semi-transparent window.
Are you filming a movie or conducting live broadcasts? Use your phone or tablet as a real teleprompter app to record any scenario.
Invert the text display for physical teleprompter rigs in a professional studio. PromptSmart allows you to split your script into sections, allowing you to record many video clips in one recording session.
It’s simple to make changes on the fly! Simply click and drag various sections until you discover the ideal flow.
In addition, it has a handy summary, which displays the total number of words, estimated running time, and other information.
You can combine several parts of your script back-to-back in a single session. You’ll be able to store all of your documents on the PromptSmart website, so you won’t have to worry about keeping them organized.
Highlight key phrases and provide cues to assist speakers in finding meaning within your script.
There are also some drawbacks. First, the remote control on the smartphone feels slightly heavier than those on other devices. Second, it has a lot more buttons to press than its predecessors: Two additional buttons for volume and track selection (up/down), one button for previous/next song, and three touch-sensitive pads in addition to four rotary kn
You may also use the program on a mobile device to read your script on the go. You can even get the app for Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android to view it on any device.
Tripping over every other word in scripted material is pure nightmare fuel.
Fortunately, PromptSmart helps you confidently deliver anything, utilizing a remote app with online teleprompters that scroll only when you speak.
Best for Content creators, influencers, and YouTubers who want to present scripted content at a natural pace and need voice recognition scrolling stalls or voice tracking for multiple lines.
- Voice-track technology to auto-scroll only when you talk
- Invert the text display for physical teleprompter rigs in a professional studio or space completely silent.
- Combine several parts of your script back-to-back in a single session
- Store all of your documents on the PromptSmart website
- Highlight key phrases and provide cues to assist speakers in finding meaning within your script
- Use the program on a mobile device to read your script on the go with voice tracking
- Voice track scrolling with true voice-activated scrolling, voice recognition, teleprompter app.
- A remote app that includes a manual mode
- Great app with Voice activation and voice tracking
- Voice recognition
- video recording
- No need for a very quiet room
- The remote control on the smartphone feels slightly heavier than those on other devices
- It has a lot more buttons to press than its predecessors.
- No free version but a 7-day free trial.
There is a lifetime deal for this teleprompter app that includes:
Lifetime access to PromptSmart
- All future Starter Plan (Tier 1) or Team Plan (Tier 2) updates
- No codes, no stacking—just choose the plan that’s right for you.
- You must activate your license within 60 days of purchase.
- Ability to upgrade or downgrade between 2 license tiers
- GDPR compliant
- Only for new PromptSmart users who do not have existing accounts
- 60-day money-back guarantee. Try it out for 2 months to make sure it’s right for you!
Features included in all plans of this teleprompter app:
- Web, mobile, and PC access
- Voice Track speech and voice recognition-based scrolling (English, Spanish, French, German, Russian)
- Text mirroring/inversion for use with physical prompter rigs
- Guide bar showing user line(s) of the reading box
- 10 adjustable font styles to choose from for ease of licensing and readability
- Customizable font and background color
- Segment scripts into story blocks that automatically transition when the user finishes reading
- Remote control room-view and reposition text on my.promptsmart.com
- Create unlimited duplicate displays of PromptSmart presentations for multiple camera setups
- Edit scripts on my.promptsmarts.com for use in the app or edit/create scripts inside of the app
- Document sharing between multiple users
- Optimal import formats: TXT, DOCX (including Word Online), PDF, RTF, and Google Documents
- Script integrations for iOS and Android with Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft OneDrive, and iCloud
There are 3 paid plans for this teleprompter app with a discount in its yearly subscription.
Starter Pack $9.99/month or $99.99/year
- Includes access to iOS and Android PromptSmart+ apps
- PromptSmart Studio Edition for Windows and macOS
- Web-based document editing and cross-platform content sync
- View and control prompter text from mobile or web Remote Control solutions
- Works best for going solo or smaller operations
Team $19.99/month or $199.99/year
- Includes everything in Starter, plus:
- Support for multiple, browser-based Remote Control Room sessions
- Stay organized with up to 10 nested folders
- Ideal solution for most in-person or remote workplaces
- Suitable for small to mid-sized collaborative teamwork
Enterprise contact support
- Includes everything in Team, plus:
- Control your information. Support for mobile app management in (iOS only)
- An admin panel to add or remove sub-users
- Credentials and content will differ for each sub-user. No sub-user limit
- Best for large operations
No free apps were found but here are other teleprompter apps to consider:
Teleprompter Pro is a great option if you’re looking for an alternative to PromptSmart. It offers many of the same features as Promptsmart, such as a voice track technology and the ability to mirror or invert the text display for physical teleprompter rigs.
Prompster is another teleprompter app that offers many of the same features as PromptSmart. You can use it to scroll your script at your own pace, and it also has voice-track technology to keep up with your words. Prompster also allows you to mirror or invert the text display for a physical teleprompter
To sum things up, PromptSmart is a great teleprompter app that uses voice-track technology to auto-scroll only when you talk. It offers several display options, including the inverted text for physical teleprompter rigs, and the ability to combine several parts of your script in a single session.
You can also store all of your documents on the PromptSmart website. The app is available for iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
This makes it easier to use because you won’t need to worry about missing the lines.
There’s also a 7-day free trial, so you can test the platform for yourself without being charged.
It doesn’t require a credit card upfront, so you can see if this great app is a good fit for your business before committing to a paid plan.
- Orangedox Review: An In-Depth Look at Document Protection & Data Rooms
- Writecream Review: What is it, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst User Reviews
- SalesFlow Review: What is it, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst User Reviews
- Wiza Review: What is, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst Users Reviews
- Dux-Soup Review: What is it, What Can You Do, What Can’t You Do, Pros & Cons, Price, Integrations, FAQ, Best & Worst User Reviews